WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, December 3, 2022:
- The Town of Wilmington’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will take place from 4pm to 7pm on the Wilmington Town Common. Santa will arrive at 5:45pm to light up the Common for the holiday season. This annual popular event, sponsored by the Wilmington Fourth of July Committee, will feature the following:
- Horse-drawn hayrides
- Complimentary Cookies (baked by Shawsheen Tech Culinary Arts students) and hot chocolate served by WHS Cheerleaders
- Glow sticks for children
- Wilmington Minutemen with lanterns
- Wilmington High School a cappella group, “Soundscape” leading Christmas Carols
- Wilmington Community Fund annual Wilmington-themed ornament sales inside the Fourth of July Building
- Members of the Wilmington Firefighters collecting unwrapped toys and donations for Wilmington children
- Clergy from parishes throughout the town presenting the story of Christmas
After the festivities on the Common, Blue House Santa Project has arranged for Santa and Mrs. Claus to be present in the Fourth of July Building for photos. A nominal donation (cash, venmo accepted) is requested, but not required, to help support Blue House’s initiatives.
There is no rain date. Weather-related updates will be posted on the Fourth of July Committee’s Facebook page.
- The Santa Parade takes place on Sunday, but Santa and his elves will be making two special community stops TODAY. The stops are the Shawsheen Elementary School from 11am to 11:45am and the North Intermediate School from 1pm to 1:45pm. Kids can pose with Santa — bring your camera. Follow the Parade’s Facebook page for any weather-related updates.
- We’re One Wilmington’s Festival of Trees takes place on Friday, December 2, 2022, from 10am to 9pm; Saturday, December 3, 2022, from 9am to 9pm; and Sunday, December 4, 2022, from 11am to 2pm, in St. Dorothy’s Lower Hall (11 Harnden Street). Admission is free. The event features one-of-a-kind raffle of 111 spectacular trees, wreaths and baskets; live holiday music; bake sale; and non-profit fundraisers. Photos with Santa will take place on Friday, December 2, 2022, from 5pm to 9pm. See the full schedule HERE.
- The Wilmington Middle School Drama Club presents “Elf The Musical” this weekend. There are four performances scheduled — Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 7pm; Friday, December 2, 2022 at 7pm; Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 1pm; and Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 7pm. Tickets cost $10 for children, students and seniors and $15 for adults. Tickets for the general public will be available for purchase at the door, beginning one hour before showtime. It’s best, however, to reserve your tickets in advance HERE. All performances will be held at the Wilmington Middle School Auditorium (25 Carter Lane).
- The Greater Boston Antiques Show will take place from Wilmington’s Shriners Auditorium (99 Fordham Road) on Saturday, December 3, 2022, from 10am to 5pm, and Sunday, December 4, 2022, from 11am to 4pm. The show, organized by Goosefare Antiques & Promotions, will feature more than 60 exhibitors from 7 states. See the list HERE. Attendees can shop for furniture, formal & country, Americana, folk art, American & European fine glass, porcelains, orientalia, art pottery, jewelry & silver paintings and fine art, drawings, watercolors, maps, photographica, and ephemera. Adult admission costs $10.
- The Recycling Center, located off Old Main Street at the Wilmington/Woburn line, will be open for leaf and brush drop-off from 9am to 4pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a meeting of its Fiction Critique Group at 9:15am via Zoom. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding Deep Play for Kids at 10am. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- Pacific Grove (211 Lowell Street) typically hosts karaoke from Winnell Entertainment on Saturdays beginning at 8pm. Call ahead to confirm.
- BUY YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE IN TOWN: The Wilmington United Methodist Church is selling Christmas trees from 10am to 8pm on the church’s front lawn. Troop 56 is selling Christmas trees from10am to 8pm in the Colonial Mall Parking Lot. Learn more HERE.