WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, February 28, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will discuss the MBTA’s response to Rail Crossing Issues with its General Manager Steven Poftak. Selectmen will then consider actions to prompt the MBTA to improve safety at rail crossings.
- Selectmen will discuss the recent oil tank breach at Wildwood Early Childhood Center with Public Buildings Superintendent George Hooper.
- Selectmen will review the petitioned warrant articles for the Annual Town Meeting and discuss the non-petitioned warrant articles for the Annual Town Meeting.
- Selectmen will hold a public hearing for a permit to remove earth from a Darby Lane property.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the West Street affordable housing project application.
- Hull will provide an update to changes to the mask policy in town buildings.
- Hull will provide an update on the Senior Center Building Committee.
- Selectman Kevin Caira will provide an update on the Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee.
- Selectmen will consider establishing a date for the Town Manager’s evaluation.
- Selectmen will consider establishing guidelines for development proposals before the board.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Performing Arts Department to use the Town Common & Gazebo for the High School Honors Jazz Band Concert on Thursday, May 19, 2022 from 5pm to 8pm and the Elementary Strings Orchestra Concert on Tuesday, May 31, 2022, from 5pm to 8pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Friends of Wilmington Baseball to conduct a Fundraising Car Wash in the Municipal Parking Lot on Sunday, May 22, 2022, from 9am to noon.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Friends of Wilmington Field Hockey to conduct a Fundraising Car Wash in the Municipal Parking Lot on Sunday, October 2, 2022, from 9am to 1pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Sons of Italy to conduct its Annual Antique & Collectors Car Show in the the Municipal Parking Lot and Fourth of July Building on Sunday, October 16, 2022, from 9am to 2pm.
- Selectmen will recognize Scott Dunnett during its “Salute To Service” segment.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.