WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will continue a thorough review of its policy manual, voting on some proposed changes.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from the Wilmington Middle School Robotics Team.
- The School Committee will recognize WCTV Executive Director Shaun Neville.
- Superintendent Brand will discuss details of the Assistant Superintendent Search.
- Superintendent Brand will discuss the recent Athletic Director announcement.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update to the FY21 school calendar.
- Superintendent Brand will discuss an update from the Massachusetts School Building Authority.
- Superintendent Brand will provide the district’s Student Opportunity Act Draft Plan. The School Committee will also hold a public hearing on the plan to hear from any interested parties.
- Superintendent Brand will provide the district’s report that will be included in the 2019 Annual Town Report.
- HR Director Andrea Stern-Armstrong will provide a personnel update.
The School Committee will also hear any subcommittee reports and public comments, plus updates from the High School and Middle School Student Representatives.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.