WILMINGTON, MA — Here are FIVE things to do today in Wilmington on Friday, July 1, 2016.
#1) The Wilmington Fun on the Fourth continues tonight at the Town Common! The schedule, courtesy of the Fourth of July Committee’s website, is below:
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM Wilmington Minutemen, $8 (Spaghetti, Meatballs, Salad, Rolls, Drink)
- 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM Carnival
- 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM Performance by Haverty Brothers Band (sponsored by The Savings Bank)
- 6:00 PM 3 on 3 Basketball – Age Categories: [10 & 11 (6:00 PM)]; [12 & 13 (6:30 PM)]; [14 & 15 (7:00 PM)] (Participants must sign a Consent Form. Under 18 signed by a parent.)
- 6:00 PM Horseshoes (Second Round) (Participants must sign a Consent Form. Under 18 signed by a parent.)
- 7:00 PM Ladies 2-mile Walk (Participants must sign a Consent Form. Under 18 signed by a parent.)
- 7:00 PM Hospital Bed Race / (Participants must sign a Consent Form. Under 18 must be signed by a parent.)
#2) The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding THREE fitness programs — a Dance Party for Ages 3-6 (9:30am-10am); a Dance Party for Grades 1-3 (10:30am-11am); and Zumba for Teens & Adults (1pm-2pm). Learn more and register HERE.
#3) The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding its regular Friday activities — Video Exercise (10am); Special Exercise (11am); Bingo (1pm) and Cards (1pm). Learn more HERE.
#4) Town Beach is open today with lifeguards on duty, 10am to 8pm. Learn more HERE.
#5) ICYMI: The MBTA’s fares change today, including a slight increase for Commuter Rail riders. Learn more HERE.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.