Planning on going to Town Beach this summer? Make sure you know the rules! The Wilmington Recreation Department posted this year’s Town Beach rules on their website earlier this week. Read the rules below:
Silver Lake – Beach Rules 2016
The public beach at Silver Lake provides our finest natural recreational resource. Town Beach will be open daily from Saturday, June 11 through Sunday, August 14, 2016. Qualified lifeguards supervise the facility from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily (weather permitting).
The use of Town Beach is free for Wilmington Residents. Proof of residency (a current driver’s license with a Wilmington address, a student school picture ID, or a current tax bill accompanied by picture ID showing your Wilmington address) is required for free admission. Those that do not have proof of residency will be charged the non-resident fee.
RATES FOR NON-RESIDENTS: Non-residents can purchase a day pass for $10 per person (ages 3 and over) at the Town Beach each day from June 11 to August 14.
BEACH RULES (Non-adherence may result in loss of beach privileges and/or fines)
* No alcoholic beverages allowed on Town property
* Feeding of water fowl prohibited on Town property
* No littering; carry in/carry out policy in effect
* No disorderly conduct on Town property
* Smoking is prohibited at the Silver Lake Recreation Area
* No dogs on beaches or Town property adjacent to the water from May 1 – October 1
* No barbecues or cooking on beaches or Town property adjacent to the water
* No refunds can be given for purchase of daily admission for any reason
* No glass containers allowed on the beach
* Flotation devices of any type are prohibited
* Children under 14 must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult at all times
* Infants wearing diapers must wear protective rubber pants or Swimmies diapers in the water
* No washing of infants in the water
* Launching personal watercraft from the beach is prohibited
* No hanging on or swimming beyond the ropes
For more information, contact the Wilmington Recreation Department at 978-658-4270.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.