WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington has authorized the establishment of the Town Scholarship Fund Committee. Through the municipal tax bills, taxpayers can voluntarily pledge an amount to the scholarship fund.
In the spring of 2011, the Loddy Weisberg and Lena Leiter student scholarship fund was also established. The purpose of these funds is to provide educational financial aid to deserving town residents who have been accepted to puruse education beyond the secondary school level at an accredited institution.
In addition to a residency requirement, the Committee shall take into consideration: financial need, character, scholastic record, involvement in the community, and extracurricular activities.
Scholarship applications are available online HERE.
Scholarship applications are also available at the following locations:
- Wilmington High School, 159 Church Street, Wilmington
- Shawsheen Vocational Tech, 100 Cook Street, Billerica
- Wilmington Town Hall, 121 Glen Road, Wilmington
- Wilmington Memorial Library, 175 Middlesex Avenue, Wilmington
- Administration Office of the Wilmington Public Schools, 161 Church Street, Wilmington
Deadline for filing the application is 3:45pm on April 17, 2015.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Amanda Ducharme, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent at 978-694-6000 or email at Amanda.Ducharme@wpsk12.com.
(Press release from Wilmington Public Schools)