WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, March 5, 2023:
- Shriners Auditorium (99 Fordham Road) will host a firearm and knife show, featuring up to 500 tables, on Saturday, March 4, 2023, from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday, March 5, 2023, from 9am to 3pm. Participants can buy and trade sporting, antique, and collectible firearms; custom and high quality knives; and various militaria, ammo and related memorabilia. The general admission fee for adults is $12. Children 12 and under, with an adult, are free. Parking is also free. The event is hosted by the NRA-affiliated Westchester Collectors Club.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a virtual art history program — Parisian Cafes and Impressionist Painting — at 3pm via ZOOM. Learn more & register HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from McKinnon’s Supermarket (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entrée schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- The Wilmington Good Guy Committee is seeking nominations for its 2023 Recipient. Learn more HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.