Below is a job posting from the Town of Wilmington for a Program Coordinator in the Recreation Department:
Unit: Non Union
Reporting To: Director of Recreation
Base Wage: MS-5, $50,926 – $64,444
Hours: M-F 8:30AM to 4:30PM, some nights and weekends associated with programs and activities required.
The Program Coordinator provides support to the Recreation Department developing and implementing high quality programs for adults and youth. Provide excellent customer service to program participants. Act as liaison between the Department and its vendors, employees and volunteers. Be available nights and weekends as needed to support various recreation programs.
Working under the direction of the Director of Recreation performs the following functions:
- Assist in the development, recruitment, scheduling, permitting, and supervision of recreation programs for adults and youth; prepare program outlines for review and approval.
- Coordinate sports leagues, manage registration, develop team composition, schedule team play, recruit coaches, permit courts and fields, and provide problem resolution to registrants and staff.
- Prepare and provide financial reports of programs and trips, track expenses and revenue.
- Develop public outreach and promotions for programs and trips, provide content for the website, flyers, and press releases. Assist in the preparation of newsletters, calendars, letters, and other materials. Maintain our social media presence.
- Serve as liaison for program instructors, tour companies, vendors and participants.
- Procure supplies, materials, and equipment, maintain inventories, assist in the management of the storeroom, and transport materials to and from programs as needed.
- Assist in the recruitment, evaluation and administration of staff and vendors for programs, maintain files related to Criminal Offender Records Information for staff and vendors.
- Ensure customers receive excellent service, assist with registration for programs and trips, provide accurate and timely information, resolve or make recommendations to resolve issues.
- Prepare communications, proof-read documents, and compile data. Assist in filing and other
administrative tasks as assigned.
- Maintain the Department’s website, maintain and update the online registration program, ensure content is current, relevant, and informative. Recommend enhancements of content and online features for improved service.
- Identify, propose, and assist with the implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines and
standards that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Recreation or related field, or relevant education and experience in recreational management, recreational program development, or similar field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of principles and approaches of municipal recreation programs preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, town personnel, other departments and agencies, residents, and customers.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and ability to effectively utilize Word, Excel, and other standard administrative software.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours to supervise sports leagues and recreation programs, or other needs.
Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels. May have occasional exposure to loud noise, inclement weather, and uneven terrain associated with recreation programs.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager/ Human Resources Director
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at:
If submitting by email please use “Position: Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Resume, cover letter and completed application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.