WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Thursday, December 29, 2022:
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a Drop-In Craft all day in the Children’s Room. Drop-in all day to color and cut your own paper tube tree! Create a snowy scene, add leaves or lights, maybe even draw a bird or two! A fun winter decoration. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Yoga with Joan at 9am; Art with Steve at 9:45am; Country Line Dancing at 10:30am; Knitting & Crocheting at 10:30am; Ceramics with Carol at 1:30pm; and Functionally Fit at 2pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- REGISTRATION STARTS SOON: The Wilmington Fire Department and the Wilmington Department of Elderly Services is bringing back its popular “Sand Buckets for Seniors” program, which it debuted last year. The Fire Department will provide a bucket of sand/salt mixture to eligible Wilmington residents aged 60 and older during the winter months. The program is a part of the town’s Community Risk Reduction efforts to help lower the risk of slips and falls in icy conditions. The mixture is spread on outdoor walking surfaces such as porches, steps, walkways and driveways to provide better traction and a safer walking surface. A limited number of buckets will be available. Eligible residents should request a bucket through the Wilmington Department of Elderly Services. Sign-ups begin on Friday, December 30, 2022 at 10am at the Senior Center’s Front Desk. This is a first come, first serve program. One bucket per household.
- The Wilmington Town Museum (430 Salem Street) is CLOSED for the holiday season.