Below is a recent announcement from the Wilmington Senior Center October newsletter:
WILMINGTON, MA — Open enrollment is October 15-December 7 and the time is now to review your Medicare coverage!
- Each Medicare beneficiary receives an Annual Notice of Coverage which is important information regarding Medicare costs and benefits.
- A no-cost visit or phone call with a state-certified SHINE volunteer may reduce your out of pocket medical and/or prescription drug costs, and help you identify public programs that can help with premiums, copayments and health coverage based on income and assets.
- SHINE counselors are available by appointment to help you understand health care coverage, review cost increases, and find out what’s new with Medicare.
- SHINE appointments fill up fast during this busy period so schedule now to avoid making last minute decisions or staying in a plan that no longer works for you.
Plan to have the following information available for your SHINE appointment:
- Medicare A/B Card
- Medigap or Medicare Advantage Card
- Prescription Drug Plan Member Card (if you have a Part D Plan)
- List of medications and dosage which can be obtained from your local pharmacy
- My Medicare account username and password (if you have an account created) – this will save time as all medications and dosage information are stored and can be updated.
For those who prefer to view Medicare plan choices and costs online please visit www.medicare.gov then click on Find a Provider and click on the Health and Drug Plan
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.