WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5+ things to do in Wilmington on Wednesday, October 5, 2022:
- The Wilmington Sons & Daughters of Italy has organized a Blood Drive from noon to 6pm at the Wilmington Knights of Columbus Hall (112 Middlesex Avenue). You must schedule an appointment at www.redcrossblood.org. Enter zip code 01887 under zip code and go to October 5, 2022, under Knights of Columbus to make your appointment. Contact Linda Caruso at LCC194444@gmail.com or 508-265-7566 with questions.
- The Wilmington Board of Assessors meets at 1:30pm in Room 9 of Town Hall. Read the agenda HERE.
- The Shawsheen Tech School Committee’s Policy Subcommittee meets at 6:30pm in the school’s Conference Room. Read the agenda HERE.
- The Wilmington Conservation Commission meets at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium. Read the agenda HERE.
- The Town’s Recycling Center, located off Old Main Street at the Wilmington/Woburn line, is open for leaf and brush drop-off from 8am to 2pm. Residents will need to purchase a punch-card for $15 in order to enter the yardwaste center. Punch-cards will be available for purchase through the Collector’s Office at Town Hall and will allow up to 5 vehicle trips to the yardwaste center per card. NO GRASS CLIPPINGS OR STUMPS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Commercial vehicles will not be allowed. Make sure to bring photo identification to show you are a Wilmington resident.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an outdoor storytime for 2-year-olds at 10am. Register HERE.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Coffee with a Cop at 9:30am and Bingo from 1pm to 3pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Police Department is conducting Child Safety Seat Inspections and Installations at the Public Safety Building (1 Adelaide Street) between 10am and noon. No appointments are necessary, however, it is strongly encouraged that you call ahead at 978-658-5071 to make sure a technician is available. Learn more HERE.