WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, July 24, 2022:
- The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open from 10am to noon, on the Swain Green, across from the Town Common, at 140 Middlesex Avenue. Note that market will be closing an hour early due to the heat. The lineup can be found HERE.
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entrée schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: The Town Museum Curator needs a bit of help every now and then. If you are interested in volunteering at the museum, please email her at email@example.com. Although not glamorous, the work would include manual labor like moving objects around (especially in the barn), clearing trails, gardening, and cleaning artifacts. As a reminder, the Museum is also open to Boy Scout projects, high school students and senior tax work-off programs.