WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Memorial Library is hiring a Part-Time Library Associate. The job posting is below.
Part-Time Library Associate at Wilmington Memorial Library
Unit: Non-Union, Non-Benefit Eligible
Reporting To: Library Director or designee
Hours: 17-19 Hours per week, Monday – Friday, with regular morning, afternoon, and evening shifts. Schedule includes rotating Saturdays.
Location: Wilmington Memorial Library
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Paraprofessional librarian position responsible for work that supports the effective and efficient operation of the public library.
- Works independently under the general supervision of department head.
- Provides excellent customer service and helps maintain a welcoming environment for patrons using the library.
- Performs a variety of tasks at the public service desk including answering the telephone, checking in and out library materials, registering patrons for library cards, programs, museum passes, etc.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services; using library’s OPAC and/or a variety of online tools to locate requested information or reading material.
- Assists patrons in the use of library’s databases and electronic resources including how to download content to mobile devices.
- Assist patrons with computers, printers, copiers, and other library equipment; troubleshoots as needed.
- Verbally promotes library services and programs; explains library policies in a clear and courteous manner.
- Does shelving, shelf reading, filing and other collection maintenance duties as assigned.
- May assist in planning and presenting programs.
- Works at either first floor or second floor service desk as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for the floor and/or library building in the absence of senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of library experience; or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Working knowledge of computer applications and current technologies; basic internet searching skills.
- General knowledge of popular and classic literature and interest in reading and books.
- Ability to set priorities and complete projects independently.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
Work assignments include evening and weekend shifts as assigned. Work is generally performed inside a building. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels. Noise levels may be elevated during busy periods and/or during programs that may be scheduled in the building.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Susan L. Inman, Assistant Town Manager/Human Resources Director
Town of Wilmington
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887-3597
or via email at: email@example.com
If submitting by email, please use “Part-Time Library Associate” in the subject. Resume, cover letter and completed application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.