WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Select Board meets this Monday, May 9, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The Fourth of July Committee will formally request use of the Town Common and Swain Green for the upcoming Fun on the Fourth festivities.
- The Select Board will recognize Priscilla Ward (Board of Registrars) and Michael Sorrentino (Planning Board) for the many years of service to their respective boards. Both did not seek reappointment to their seats.
- Recreation Director Karen Campbell will provide an update on the status of lifeguard recruit for the 2022 Town Beach season.
- Select Board member Kevin Caira will provide an update on the Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee’s most recent meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the rail crossing safety issues.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the town’s migration to MUNIS.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide communications from the state regarding the town’s subsidized housing inventory, as well as the state’s Winter Recovery Assistance Program.
- DPW Operations Manager Jamie Magaldi will provide a memo regarding the town’s vegetation management efforts this year.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide the latest information on the 40B proposal on West Street.
- The Select Board will review a letter about Wilmington teen Cyrus Paul Rich achieving Eagle Scout.
- The Select Board will review a letter from the Arbor Day Foundation regarding 2021 Tree City USA.
- The Select Board will consider executing an access agreement with MassDOT to conduct soil borings relative to the Route 38 Bridge Replacement Project over the MBTA Commuter Rail.
- The Select Board will consider authorizing the Chair to executive the Massachusetts Housing Partnership Technical Assistance Application for the 100 West St. LLC Comprehensive Permit Application.
- The Select Board will consider signing the deed for sale of town-owned land located on Aldrich Road following an affirmative 2021 Annual Town Meeting vote (Article 59).
- The Select Board will consider the request of WHS Principal Linda Peters to hold the Senior BBQ on the Swain Green on Thursday, June 2, 2022, from 10am to 2pm.
- The Select Board will consider the request of WMS Principal Jeanette Quirk to use the Town Common and Gazebo on Thursday, June 16, 2022, from 6pm to 7pm, for the 8th Grade Moving On Ceremony.
- The Select Board will consider issuing a Sunday Entertainment License to Cushing Amusements relative to the Fun on the Fourth.
- The Select Board will consider modifying the title “Selectmen” after Town Meeting voters recently voted to change the term to “Select Board.”
- The Select Board will conduct its annual reorganization and appoint a new Chair.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.