WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 25, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will consider the request of Breeze Nutrition to obtain a Common Victualer License for property located at 2 Lowell Street, Unit 6B.
- DPW Operations Manager/Tree Warden Jamie Magaldi will discuss the town’s Tree City USA Designation. Selectmen will then consider signing a proclamation declaring April 29, 2022 as Arbor Day in the Town of Wilmington.
- Town Engineer Paul Alunni will provide an update on the MassWorks Grant, Project Timeline and Traffic Detours on Middlesex Avenue, in the area of Jefferson Road.
- Selectmen will discuss and assign motions for Saturday’s Annual Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the appointment of the Recreation Director.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on rail crossing safety efforts.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on Olin and Maple Meadow Brook well access plan.
- Hull will share a letter from MassHouse Financial Agency regarding the 40B eligibility and site approval for the 100 West Street proposal.
- Hull will share al letter from the Massachusetts School Building Authority regarding the Wildwood Early Childhood Center.
- Selectmen will consider signing a purchase & sale agreement relative to sale of town-owned land on Aldrich Road following a vote at the 2021 Annual Town Meeting.
- Selectmen will consider executing an access agreement with MassDOT to conduct soil borings relative to Route 38 Bridge Replacement over MBTA Commuter Rail.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Band Parents & Friends to sell refreshments during Recreation Commission’s Summer Concert series.
- Selectmen will consider approving the renewal of secondhand dealer licenses to Robert P. Flaherty Jeweler and GameStop.
- Selectmen will consider appointing and reappointing several positions. Selectmen will ratify Town Manager’s appointments and reappointments. Town Manager will announce his appointments to various boards, committees and commissions.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
An Executive Session (closed to the public meeting) will take place at 6pm.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.