WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, March 13, 2022:
- The Town Museum (430 Salem Street) is holding its monthly Open House this Sunday, March 13, 2022, from 2pm to 4pm. Free tours of the building are offered to visitors.
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- Wilmington Police Officers are being issued special badges to commemorate the department’s 150th Anniversary. Based on a 1920’s WPD badge, the badges are for our sworn officers only, but commemorative patches are now for sale to the public at the front desk of the police station. Patches can be purchased for $10 each (cash only).