WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington is encouraging residents to harvest and save rainwater by offering The Great American Rain Barrel for $79, a 40% off retail discount.
To order, visit www.greatamericanrainbarrel.com/community and select Wilmington. Orders must be made by midnight on May 26, 2022 (midnight).
Ordered barrels can be picked up on Saturday, June 4, 2022, from 9am to 11am, at the Wilmington Department of Public Works’s Administrative Office (115 Andover Street).
ABOUT THE GREAT AMERICAN RAIN BARREL
- 100% re-purposed, food grade, UV protected and BPA free barrels. Produced in Massachusetts.
- Most durale rain barrels on the market: 3/16″ wall thickness.
- Will last for years when properly drained & stored for winter. Pay for themselves in one year.
- Screen filtered to keep mosquitoes out.
- Several rain barrels can be linked together — easy 5-minute setup
- Available Colors: Forest Green, Earth Brown, Nantucket Grey and Unpainted.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD PURCHASE A RAIN BARREL
- Decrease your water bill by up to 40%.
- Have an alternate source of water during droughts.
- Have a healthy, chlorine, and chemical-free water source for plants & gardens.
- Improve residential storm management.
- Slow pollution for runoff.
- Lower municipal water demands & save energy at treatment plants.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.