WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Friday, January 14, 2022:
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a meeting of its Needleworkers Group from 10am to noon. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) has temporarily suspended all in-person programs through January 21, 2022 due to the rise in COVID-19 cases.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- Wilmington’s Cub Scout Pack 136 and Boy Scout Troop 136 are currently collecting returnable cans and bottles to help support their Scouting programs. “CAN” you help? Contact Frank West at 978-658-1754 or email@example.com if you live locally and have returnable cans and bottles that you’d like him to pick up. Cub Scout Pack 136 and Boy Scout Troop 136 are sponsored by Wilmington’s American Legion Post 136.
- RESERVE YOUR DINNER FOR JANUARY 29: The Wilmington United Methodist Church’s Outreach Committee is hosting a Curbside Pick-Up Pasta Dinner on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 5:30pm outside the Church (87 Church Street). Enjoy this pasta dinner featuring homemade sauce, meatballs, spaghetti, fresh baked rolls, salad and dessert for a free will donation with curbside pick-up. Come to the church parking lot, pop your trunk, and volunteers will place the take-out meals there. Stop at the donation bucket and add what you can to it. Reserve your dinners by January 26, 2021 by calling the church office at 978-658-4519 or registering HERE. All monies raised will benefit the Wilmington United Methodist Church’s outreach missions. The dinner will be prepared in the church’s licensed kitchen, by a ServeSafe certified crew, following current COVID-19 virus safety guidelines.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.