WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Thursday, October 28, 2021:
- The Wilmington SEPAC is holding a Basic Rights in Special Education Workshop for Parents & Professionals on Thursday, October 28, 2021, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm, via Zoom. This Basic rights workshop provides an introduction to complex special education laws and procedures:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) & Massachusetts Laws
- Evaluations and Referrals
- The Team Meeting
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and 504 Plans
- Effective Progress
- Review of Important Timelines
- Strategies for Success
The workshop, facilitated by Tracey Morgan from the A Bright IDEA Advocates, is designed to provide parents and professionals with a basic understanding of the complex special education laws and procedures. Register HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is hosting New Hampshire based Filmmaker and Cryptozoology researcher Aleksandar Petakov at 7pm for a virtual presentation of his investigations into reports of strange encounters and sightings of Bigfoot-like creatures across New Hampshire over the decades. Register HERE.
- The Wilmington Town Museum (430 Salem Street) is open for free tours from 10am to 2pm.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Yoga with Joan at 9am; Art with Steve at 9:45am; Knitting at 10:30am; and Ceramics with Carol at 1:30pm. Learn more HERE.
- State Rep. Ken Gordon (D-Bedford), who represents Precinct 3 in Wilmington, is holding virtual office hours at 11am. If you are interested in joining, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.