WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Town Engineer Paul Alunni, Police Chief Joe Desmond & Traffic Officer Daniel Furbush will discuss the intersection of Middlesex Avenue and Clark Street. Selectmen will decide whether or not to take any action on the dangerous intersection.
- Desmond will announce a recent $35,000 grant to the Police Department from the state’s Municipal Road Safety Grant program.
- Selectmen will receive a written update on the Cook Ave. water line extension from Olin Chemical.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide the FY23 budget schedule.
- Selectman Greg Bendel will provide an update on the latest Senior Center Building Committee meeting.
- Selectmen will consider the Constable application of jared Rankin.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the residents of Blueberry Lane and Ashwood Avenue to hold a Halloween Neighborhood Block Party on October 23, 2021, from 2pm to 6pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Friends of WHS Volleyball to hold a Trick or Trunk event for players and their families on Wednesday, October 27, 2021, from 7pm to 9pm, on the Swain Green.
- Selectmen will consider the request of community groups to conduct events that require road closures, including the Firecracker 5K Road Race (June 30, 2022), Sole Sisters Running Club 5K (December 10, 2022) and Wilmington Little League Opening Day Parade (April 22, 2023).
- Selectmen will consider their December meeting schedule.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and http://www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.