Unit: AFSCME II
Reporting To: Director of Recreation
Base Wage Range starting at: S-4 $859.85/weekly
Hours: 35 Hours, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: Town Hall, 121 Glen Road
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Sr. Clerk is an integral part of the Recreation Department team and provides excellent customer service to program participants and residents while offering administrative support for programs, vendors and office activities.
- Ensure customers receive excellent service, assist with registration for programs and trips, provide accurate and timely information, resolve or make recommendations to resolve issues.
- Prepare communications, proofread documents, and compile data. Assist in the preparation of newsletters, calendars, letters and other materials.
- Develop public outreach and promotions for programs, provide content for the website, flyers and press releases. May assist with social media presence.
- Prepare and provide financial reports of programs and trips, track expenses and revenue. Proof read and proof add program documentation.
- Manage registration and provide support for sports leagues, obtain permits for courts and fields and provide problem resolution to registrants and staff.
- Serve as liaison for program instructors, vendors and participants.
- Procure supplies, materials and equipment, and maintain inventories.
- Identify, propose and assist with the implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines and standards that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Assist in filing and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Business, Recreation or related field, or relevant education and experience in a similar field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, town personnel, other departments and agencies, residents and customers. Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and ability to effectively utilize Word, Excel and other standard administrative software. Publisher experience is a plus.
Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noises.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887 or
via email at:
If submitting by email please use “Position: Recreation Senior Clerk” in the subject. Resume, cover letter and completed application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically and in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.