WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, August 16, 2021 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Town Engineer Paul Alunni will provide updates to the Selectmen on a number of matters — (1) status on Cook Avenue water connection; (2) denial of application for Woburn St. truck exception; and (3) request to approve easement to widen road at 203 Lowell Street.
- Town Health Director Shelly Newhouse will provide a COVID-19 update and masking protocol.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the intersection of Middlesex Avenue and Clark Street.
- Town Clerk Christine Touma-Conway will provide an update on re-districting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the Board of Health’s new private well regulations.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on approval from Mass. Attorney General’s Office of recent Town Meeting articles.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the newest Finance Committee member.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide recent correspondence regarding a further status report for the New England Transrail proposal.
- Selectman Greg Bendel will provide an update on the Senior Center Building Committee.
- Selectman Kevin Caira will provide an update on the Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee.
- Selectmen will consider appointing Jared Costantino to the Wilmington Economic Development Committee.
- Selectmen will consider executing a new contract with AFSCME Local 1703 Unit 1.
- Selectmen will consider authorizing a stop sign on Carter Lane at Boutwell Street.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Health Director Shelly Newhouse to hold Mobile Vaccination Clinics on Thursday, August 19, 2021, from 4pm to 7pm, and Thursday, September 9, 2021, from 4pm to 7pm, in the Municipal Parking Lot.
- Selectmen will consider illuminating the Town Common gold in the month of September in observance of childhood caner awareness.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Youth Hockey Association to use the Town Common to host an Outdoor Movie Night.
- Selectmen will consider the request to place lawn signs on Town Common to promote Wilmington Methodist Church Women’s Group’s Harvest & Holly Festival on September 25.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Sons of Italy to hold their annual Antique and Collectors Car Show on Sunday, October 24, 2021, from 9am to 2pm, in the Municipal Parking Lot.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and http://www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.