WILMINGTON, MA — Below are TEN things that happened at the Wilmington Board of Selectmen’s Meeting on Monday, July 12, 2021.
- Selectmen approved the request of Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant to change its manager from Mia Munoz to Carlos Polanco. Polanco, who previously served as manager of the Billerica location, noted the restaurant is currently closed one day each week due to a lack of staffing.
- Selectmen approved the request of the Wilmington Rotary Club to use Rotary Park for the Fifth Annual Community Ice Bucket Challenge on Saturday, August 28, 2021, from 10am to 2pm.
- Selectmen approved the request of Lucaya Circle residents to hold a Neighborhood Block Party on Saturday, September 11, 2021, from noon to 10pm. Police, Fire, and Public Works departments had no issues with the request.
- Selectmen approved the request of Samantha Reif to use the Town Common to hold the Wilmington Substance Abuse Coalition’s 5th Annual Candlelight Vigil (“A Night of Healing & Hope”) on Monday, September 20, 2021, from 5pm to 10pm.
- Selectmen approved the request of the Wilmington Kiwanis Club to use the Municipal Parking Lot on Middlesex Avenue to hold a Bike Swap on Saturday, October 16, 2021 and Sunday, October 17, 2021. More details HERE.
- Selectmen approved the request of Jennifer Vargas and Thomas Quinlan to use town property on Grove Avenue at Silver Lake to conduct a wedding on Saturday, November 6, 2021 at 2:30pm.
- Selectmen approved the request of the WHS Girls Lacrosse Teams to hold a car wash fundraiser in the Municipal Parking Lot on Sunday, May 1, 2022, from 9am to 1pm.
- Selectmen signed the warrant for the Special Town Election on Thursday, September 1, 2021. More details HERE.
- Selectmen executed the Massachusetts School Building Authority’s “Initial Compliance Certificate” for the Wildwood Early Childhood Center school building project. Selectmen also selected Selectman Greg Bendel as its designee to the school building committee. More details HERE.
- Selectmen recognized Wilmington Vietnam War veteran Dicky Bertrand during its recurring ‘Salute to Service’ segment. Selectman Greg Bendel also welcomed home Private First Class Mark Ragucci.
The Board of Selectmen, which is on its reduced summer schedule, is next scheduled to meet on Monday, August 16, 2021 at 7pm at Town Hall.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.