WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, July 12, 2021 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the Wildwood Early Childhood Center and the Massachusetts School Building Authority process. Selectmen will consider executing the MSBA initial compliance certificate and select a board designee to serve on the School Building Committee for the project.
- Selectmen will sign the warrant for the Special Town Election to be held on Thursday, September 2, 2021.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Rotary Club to hold the Fifth Community Ice Bucket Challenge on Saturday, August 28, 2021, from 10am to 2pm, at Rotary Park.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Samantha Reif, the town’s Health & Recovery Coordinator, to use the Town Common and Gazebo on September 20, 2021, from 5pm to 10pm, to hold the 6th Annual Wilmington Vigil.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Kiwanis to use the Town Common parking lot for a bike swap on Saturday, October 16, 2021 and Sunday, October 17, 2021.
- Selectmen will consider the request of residents to hold a Neighborhood Block Party on Saturday, September 11, 2021, from noon to 10pm, on Lucaya Circle.
- Selectmen will consider the request of a couple to use town property on Grove Avenue at Silver Lake to hold a wedding on Saturday, November 6, 2021 at 2:30pm.
- Town Clerk Tina Touma-Conway will provide a written update to the board on the Town’s Annual Dog Registration process.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will discuss the process surrounding car wash fundraisers during the water ban. Selectmen will also consider the request of the WHS Girls Lacrosse Teams to hold a Car Wash Fundraiser on Sunday, April 24, 2022, from 9am to 1pm, in the Town Common parking lot.
- Casa Blanca will come in front of the board to request a change of manager from Mia Munoz to Carlos Polanco.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and http://www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.