WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington is hiring a Night Relief Custodial:
TOWN OF WILMINGTON PUBLIC BUILDINGS DEPARTMENT NIGHT RELIEF CUSTODIAL WORKER
Unit: AFSCME I
Reporting To: Superintendent of Public Buildings or designee
Location: As assigned.
Hours: 2:30PM to 12am. 8 hours as assigned. Hours are subject to change.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Definition: A semi-skilled custodial worker that has knowledge of the routine, preventative, and overall care and maintenance of public buildings.
Working under the supervision of the Superintendent of Public Buildings or designee:
- Sweeps floors, dusts, vacuums rugs, washes floors, cleans restrooms, polishes and waxes furniture and floors, empties wastebaskets in offices and common areas.
- Washes windows, paints various surfaces, changes light bulbs, shovels snow, clears ice covered surfaces, collects and disposes of rubbish.
- Moves and sets up furniture.
- Replaces light bulbs, performs minor repairs to furniture, buildings, and equipment, maintains and operates heating and cooling systems in buildings.
- Accepts and unload deliveries.
- Performs other similar tasks or related work as assigned.
- General knowledge of cleaning materials and methods.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to understand instructions, read labels and gauges, and follow directions and/or instructions.
- Valid driver’s license.
Work is performed both inside and outside. May be subjected to loud noise and exposure to extremes of heat and cold temperatures and inclement weather. Required to traverse uneven terrain, may be required to bend or stoop and is subject to one or more hazards such as those associated with working near equipment, mechanical and electrical systems. Work environment will be moderately noisy and at times very loud due to students, visitors and staff traveling through corridors, as well as work areas such as boiler rooms.
The work is mutually mental and physical. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear for extended periods. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reaches with hands and arms, crawls and climbs. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to read labels, gauges and instructions on cleaning supplies, building and custodial equipment. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager/Director of Human Resources
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at:
If submitting by email please use “Position: Night Relief Custodial Worker” in the subject line. Resume and cover letter, or application may be attached to the email.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.