WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, May 10, 2021 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will issue a common victualer license for Punjab Corner at 433 Main Street.
- Selectmen will hear from Veterans’ Services Director Lou Cimaglia regarding the Memorial Day parade and ceremony.
- Selectmen will conduct its annual reorganization and elect a new chair.
- Health Director Shelly Newhouse will provide a COVID-19 update.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide information about Selectmen designees to Town Committees.
- Hull will discuss the process to change the name of the “Board of Selectmen” to “Select Board.”
- Hull will provide an update on opening Town Hall to the public.
- Selectman Kevin Caira will provide an update on the Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from the Arbor Day Foundation on the town’s recent Tree City USA designation.
- Selectmen will receive a letter sent to the Shriners thanking them for the use of their auditorium for the Annual Town Meeting.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from the Fourth of July Committee regarding the cancellation of this year’s Fun on the Fourth celebration.
- Selectmen will receive letters relative to status updates regarding New England Transrail.
- Selectmen will also review correspondence from National Grid and Eversource Energy regarding upcoming work in town.
- Selectmen will consider a request to proclaim May 2-8 as Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week in Wilmington.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Sue Murray to use the Town Common on Thursday, May 13 at 4:30pm for the WHS Class of 2021 promenade.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Anita DiLullo to use the Town Common and Gazebo on Tuesday, May 25 for the High School Jazz Band Concert and Tuesday, June 1 for the North & West Schools Strings Concert.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Library Director Tina Stewart to use the Swain Green on 5 dates this summer for children’s programs.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Recreation Director Karen Campbell to use the Town Common and Gazebo for Concerts on the Common on Wednesdays, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28 and August 4.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Beth Elliott-Morris to use the Town Common on Monday, July 26 at 11am for family gathering to remember Ms. Elliott-Morris’s mother.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Community Fund to use the Municipal Parking Lot on Saturday, August 28, from 9am to noon, for a Community Shredding Day.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Rosie Wallent for the WHS Class of 1976 to hold its 45th Class Reunion on the Town Common.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.