WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 12, 2021 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Special Town Counsel Kevin Trainer of GeoInsight will discuss the results of the Childhood Cancer Study and the EPA’s recent record of decision for the Olin Superfund Site.
- Wilmington DPW Operations Manager/Tree Warden Jamie Magaldi will discuss the town’s Tree City USA Designation efforts.
- Selectmen will recognize retiring Tree Foreman Scott Smith.
- Selectmen will receive a written update on COVID-19 from Wilmington Health Director Shelly Newhouse.
- Selectmen will receive a written update on the Wildwood’s invitation into the MSBA’s school construction grant program.
- Selectmen will receive a written update from Selectman Greg Bendel on the Senior Center Building Committee’s recommendation for designer services.
- Selectmen will consider signing a proclamation declaring April 30, 2021 as Arbor Day in the Town of Wilmington.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Band Parents & Friends to sell cold drinks, pompoms, and balloons during the Memorial Day Parade.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Friends of Wilmington Baseball to hold a car wash fundraiser in the Municipal Parking Lot on Sunday, June 13, 2021, from 9am to noon.
- Selectmen will consider the approval of the renewal of the secondhand dealer license of Robert P. Flaherty Jeweler, Inc.
- Selectmen will consider the requests of 4 town/school employees to also work for the Wilmington Recreation Department this summer.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.