WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 7pm.
While the meeting will take place in-person inside the High School’s Large Instruction Room, the public is encouraged to watch from home via WCTV due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19. An Executive Session precedes the regular meeting at 6pm to discuss the Superintendent’s contract renewal; the Return To Full-In Person Learning Memorandum of Agreement with the WTA; and negotiations with the Cafeteria Employees Association.
Agenda items include:
- The School Committee will consider approval of a WHS Field Trip to Germany in April 2023.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the School Start Time Committee’s progress.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the Middle School Principal position.
- The School Committee will vote on the proposed 2021-2022 school year calendar.
- Superintendent Brand will present the Return To Full-In Person Learning Memorandum of Agreement wtih the Wilmington Teachers Association.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update an update on the Return To Full-In Person Learning.
- School Committee will conduct first readings of some proposed policy changes, including policies involving Home Schooling, Entrance Age, Extracurricular Activities, and Physical Restraint of Students.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports, public comments and any correspondence.
The meeting can be watched live on Wilmington Community Television — 9 on Comcast, 37 on Verizon, and wctv.org/live.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.