WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7pm via Zoom. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:15pm.
The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 880 9334 9381 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Health Director Shelly Newhouse and Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh will provide an update on the town’s response to COVID-19.
- Assistant Town Manager Kerry Coburn-Dion will discuss the Verizon Cable License Renewal Process.
- Selectmen will review the proposed Town Meeting Warrant. Selectmen will also consider closing and signing the warrant.
- Selectmen will consider signing a license agreement with the Wilmington Farmers Market.
- Selectmen will consider a request to illuminate the Town Common blue during the month of April in observance of Autism Awareness Month.
- Selectmen will make an appointment to the Board of Registrars.
- Selectmen will make appointments to the Cable Advisory Task Force. Selectmen will also assign tasks for the cable license renewal process.
- Selectwoman Jomarie O’Mahony will announce her appointment to the Economic Development Committee.
- Selectmen will consider authorizing use of the Municipal Parking Lot for Hazardous Waste Day on Saturday, May 8, 2021.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Terri Marciello to hold a “Celebration of Life — A Community of Hope” Candlelight Vigil on Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7pm on the Town Common.
- Selectmen will consider executing an agreement between the Town of Wilmington and AFSCME Local 1703 Unit II.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will also provide written updates on the MSBA process, the new Senior Center building project, and the Butters Row Bridge.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.