WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, February 22, 2021 at 7pm via Zoom.
The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 896 9547 8994 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Wilmington Health Director Shelly Newhouse and Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh provides an update on COVID-19.
- Wilmington Senior Center Director Terri Marciello and Veterans Services Directory Lou Cimaglia will discuss COVID-19’s impact on seniors/veterans and their ability to get the vaccine.
- Wilmington Police Chief Joe Desmond will discuss the police department’s recent re-accreditation.
- Selectmen will review the petitioned and non-petitioned articles for the 2021 Annual Town Meeting.
- Selectmen Chair Jonathan Eaton will share a letter he sent to Wilmington’s congressional delegation regarding COVID-19 vaccine distribution to local boards of health.
- Selectwoman Jomarie O’Mahony will provide an update on the North Wilmington Commuter Rail station.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will share a letter from the MassDOT regarding Route 125 bridge repairs and lane closures on 93 South in Wilmington. Town Engineer Paul Alunni will also provide a written update.
- Town Manager will share a memo from Town Clerk Christine Touma-Conway regarding the unexpired School Committee vacancy.
- Town Manager will announce Andrew Lavinge as the newest Finance Committee member.
- Town Manager will announce Kenneth Clarkin as the newest Elderly Services Commission member.
- Town Manager will provide an update regarding the Massachusetts School Building Authority’s statement of interests for Wilmington’s elementary schools.
- Town Manager will provide an update regarding the Sutton Brook Superfund SIte.
- Town Manager will provide an update on the town’s efforts to accommodate football/cheerleading for Fall Season 2.
- Town Manager will provide an update on whether the Recreation Department can use the school buildings this spring.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Farmers Market to hold markets on Sundays, from 10am to 1pm, from June 13, 2021 to October 3, 2021.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.