WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington is hiring a Human Resources Generalist. The job posting can be found HERE and below:
Town Manager’s Office Human Resources Generalist
Reporting To: Assistant Town Manager / Human Resources Director
Wages: $56,813 – $71,893 annually
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM
Location: Town Hall
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled
Under the general direction of the Assistant Town Manager / Human Resources Director, supports and manages various functions of the Human Resources Department. Specifically, state, local and federal personnel policies and regulations, employee relations, recruitment, hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices and record keeping work in assisting in discharging the duties of the office; all other related work as required. This position requires a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and superior customer service skills.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Serves as the initial contact for the Human Resources Department. Assists employees, retirees and the public with human resources information. Responds to public information requests and other information requests as required.
- Transitions employee benefits for retiring staff and retirees.
- Administers the Town’s ACA reporting, including creation of the file to produce 1095-C and 1094-C forms.
- Conducts audits on changes to the HR information system and on generated invoices for insurance benefits. Reconciles benefit invoices as needed.
- Participates in the interview process as requested.
- Investigates and responds to unemployment claims as necessary, attend legal hearings to defend the Town’s position on particular claims.
- Facilitates implementation of new leave programs and benefit plans and other related initiatives, administers COBRA program and terminates benefits where required.
- Handles employment related inquiries from applicants, employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Reviews job descriptions and revises when requested. Conducts research and analysis related to collective bargaining, classification and compensation and makes recommendations to the Director.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Coordinates and administers the annual open enrollment process for employees and retirees.
- Processes Verification of Employment requests.
- Performs similar or related work as required or as situation dictates.
Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field or equivalent; advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with common public sector software such as SoftRight and MUNIS is an advantage, and at least two years of human resource management experience preferred. Direct experience in a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager/Director of Human Resources 121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If submitting by email please use “Human Resources Generalist” in the subject line. Completed application, resume and cover letter may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically in a file type other than PDF.