WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7pm. The meeting will take place online and shown live on WCTV (Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon) at http://www.wctv.org. (Members can also listen in to the meeting by dialing 1-646-558-8656 and entering meeting ID 851 8751 7301 and then press # and press # again at the next voice prompt.)
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will consider a request from The Habit Burger to request a Common Victualer License for property located at 196 Ballardvale Street.
- Selectmen will meet new Wilmington Police Officers Michael DiLorenzo and Kathryn Goodwin.
- Selectmen will receive an update on the town’s COVID-19 response from Health Director Shelly Newhouse and Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh.
- Selectmen will receive an update from State Rep. Dave Robertson on the Route 38 Lane Configuration at Clark Street.
- Selectmen will conduct is annual reorganization to select its chair for the next year.
- Selectmen will receive an update from Town Manager Jeff Hull on Olin Superfund Site.
- Selectmen will receive notice from Coca Cola of its intention to close its facility at 10 Jewel Drive.
- Selectmen will acknowledge the generosity of the Wilmington Sons of Italy for recently donating meals to town employees.
- Selectmen will consider appointing Paul Tivnan to the Wilmington Economic Development Committee.
- Selectmen will consider approving the renewal of the secondhand dealer license for GameStop.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Jeyanthi R. Ghatraju, Director of the India Association of Greater Boston, to raise the Indian Flag to commemorate India’s Independence Day on Saturday, August 15, 2020.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.