Below is an updated from the Wilmington Board of Health from the evening of Sunday, March 22, 2020:
WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington has no positive COVID-19 patients. We do have 4 people in quarantine. They are in quarantine because they came in direct contact with a positive patient. All are asymptomatic (no symptoms) and will be in quarantine for 14 days. They are not being tested.
- Stay approximately six feet away from other people.
- Avoid large crowds and gatherings.
- Practice good hygiene: continue to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your inner elbow, and stay home if you are sick.
Certain people are at higher risk for serious illness from this virus. High-risk individuals include:
- older adults
- anyone with underlying health conditions, such as heart or lung disease or diabetes
- anyone with weakened immune systems, and
- pregnant women
Individuals at higher risk should:
- stay home and avoid situations of potential exposure
- do not travel
- do not attend large gatherings
- limit time spent in public areas, and
- do not congregate in groups of more than 10 people.
Residents should limit interactions with persons who are at higher risk for COVID-19. If you live with someone at high risk, practice social distancing. We all have personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
According to Wilmington Apple’s review of neighboring towns’ websites & official social media accounts, here is where surrounding communities currently stand:
- Andover – 2 (Source: Town’s Website)
- Billerica – 5 (Source: Town’s Facebook)
- Burlington – no numbers published
- North Reading – 1 (Source: Town’s Website)
- Reading – 3 (Source: Town’s Website)
- Tewksbury – 3 (Source: Town’s Website)
- Woburn – 2 (Source: Town’s Website)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.