WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will receive an update on the district’s School Start Time Committee.
- The School Committee will vote on the proposed 2020-2021 school calendar. There’s been much discussion over the past two meetings over possibly increasing the number of early release days to allow teachers more time for professional development and collaboration.
- Superintendent Brand will provide updates on the Athletic Director Search and West Intermediate School Principal Search.
- The School Committee will accept a $2,000 grant from the Wilmington Educational Foundation to help fund the district’s Annual STEM Fair.
- The School Committee will approve a field trip to Europe for 2021 April Vacation for interested Grade 10-12 students.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the district’s upcoming Special Olympics.
- The School Committee will receive the FY19 financial audit.
- The School Committee will continue its thorough review of its policy manual — with first and second readings of revised policies.
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports and public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple sometimes live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.