WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will discuss adding new sports programs, including high school gymnastics.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will provide an update on the Athletic Director search.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation on the North and West’s School Improvement Plans.
- Superintendent Brand and Chairwoman Jennifer Bryson will provide an update to recent Facilities Master Plan Joint Discussion.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the district’s homework policy from Superintendent Brand.
- Superintendent Brand will discuss the recent CARES Donation Drive.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the district’s Global Child after-school foreign language program.
- The School Committee will discuss the recent MASS/MASC Conference, and member MJ Byrnes being recognized as an All-State School Committee Award winner
- The School Committee will receive a personnel update.
- The School Committee will accept a donation of American Heart Association CPR in Schools Training Kits.
The School Committee will also hear any reports from its Middle School and High School student representatives, any subcommittee reports and public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.