WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, September 9, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:15pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will consider the request of Rick Lowe, of Tremezzo Pizzeria, to obtain a Common Victualer License for 296 Shawsheen Avenue.
- Public Buildings Superintendent George Hooper will provide an update the recent lighting project at Palmer Park.
- Elderly Services Director Terri Marciello will provide an update on her department’s programs and offerings.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the high school gym floor replacement project.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will share a letter from the Attorney General’s Office approving Articles 39-42 from this year’s Annual Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will share a letter sent to the Executive Office of Elder Affairs regarding Senior Center funding.
- Selectmen will be invited to an upcoming Flagpole Dedication Ceremony at Silver Lake.
- Selectmen will consider ratifying the Town Manager’s appointments of Arianna Faro to the Commission on Disabilities and Christine Johnston to the Historical Commission.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Recreation Department to conduct its 52nd Annual Horribles Parade on Sunday, October 27, 2019.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Methodist Church (c/o John Arvanitis) and Boy Scouts Troop 56 (c/o John Mainini) to sell Christmas trees.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Sons of Italy and Wilmington Band Parents to reschedule their Flea Market from September 7 to October 19 in the Town Common Parking Lot.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Gigi Shenloogian to light the Town Common purple during the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.