WILMINGTON, MA — At Tuesday night’s meeting, the Wilmington Board of Selectmen approved several community events scheduled to take place in 2019 and 2020.
Last year, the town implemented a new application process for community groups seeking to hold events utilizing public roadways. Groups must now need to submit an application each fall so that town departments impacted by such events can incorporate the associated costs into their operating budgets for the following fiscal year.
The following requests were unanimously approved by Selectmen:
- Wilmington Fourth of July’s Fun on the Fourth Celebration — Wednesday, July 3, 2019 to Sunday, July 7, 2019
- Wilmington-Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce’s Half Marathon/5K — Sunday, September 22, 2019
- Sole Sisters Running Club 2nd Annual 5K Road Race – Saturday, December 14, 2019
- Wilmington Little League Parade — Saturday, April 18, 2020
- We’re One Wilmington 5K Run/Walk –Sunday, May 3, 2020
- Pan Mass Challenge Kids Ride Ride — Sunday, May 17, 2020
- Brady’s Foundation 5K Run/Walk — Sunday, June 14, 2020
- Tony A 5K/Walk — Saturday, October 12, 2020
Please note that dates for several 2019 events — Little League Parade, WOW 5K, Pan Mass Challenge Kids Bike Ride, Brady’s Foundation 5K, and Tony A 5K — were previously approved by Selectmen and do not show up on the above list.
The Wilmington Police Department, Fire Department, Public Works, and Public Buildings reviewed each application and agreed to accommodate the requests.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.