WILMINGTON, MA — At last month’s 19th Middlesex State Representative debate, candidates were asked a series of serious and light questions during the “speed round” from moderator Tom Zuppa, editor of the Lowell Sun.
Should The Legislature Have Term Limits?
- “I don’t really like term limits because it’s really up to the voters…. I will not serve more than 3 terms.” — Patricia Meuse (I-Tewksbury)
- “I absolutely believe in term limits. Sometimes legislators forget why they’re there. You’re working for the people, not yourself. I would say 10 year max.” — Pina Prinzivalli (R-Tewksbury)
- “No, I don’t believe in term limits… If you don’t like the person, go out and vote. The power is in your hands. I would say [I’m going to serve] just two or three terms. I just want to give back to my home.” — Dave Robertson (D-Tewksbury)
If You Had The Power To Take One Show Off Of Television, What Would It Be?
- “People may not like me for saying this, but Game of Thrones. Never been a fan, sorry.” — Pina Prinzivalli (R-Tewksbury)
- “Can I say the Yankees Network? Gone.” — Dave Robertson (D-Tewksbury)
- “The ID Channel because my husband watches it all the time and I always wonder if he’s trying to figure out how to kill me.” — Patricia Meuse (I-Tewksbury)
In response to a question from Moderator Tom Zuppa, all three candidates confirmed being State Rep would be a full-time job, not part-time job. All three candidates also responded that they would NOT be visiting the state’s new casino or any of the forthcoming marijuana dispensaries.
Should The State Abandon Daylights Saving Time, Join Atlantic Standard Time, Or Keep The Status Quo?
- “At this point, I think it’s tradition. Let’s just keep it.” — Pina Prinzivalli (R-Tewksbury)
- “I say abandon it, but only if it’s regionalized. The Governor is already ahead of the curve on this one.” — Dave Robertson (D-Tewksbury)
- “I like status quo. Leave it alone.” — Patricia Meuse (I-Tewksbury)
What Candy Will You Be Handing Out On Halloween?
- “I was going to be Reese Pieces, but I’m trying to find Necco wafers somewhere for people who want a little nostalgia.” — Dave Robertson (D-Tewksbury)
- “I always give the big bars. It’s usually whatever box is cheapest. Usually M&Ms or Reese because the kids love the Reese Peanut Butter Cups. If there’s any candy left, my grandkids steal them from grandma” — Patricia Meuse (I-Tewksbury)
- “I know I’m going to Patricia’s house because she gives out the big bars. I like to buy a mixture of things to give people choices.” — Pina Prinzivalli (R-Tewksbury)
Watch the debate, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below. Fast-foward to 52:32 for the speed round:
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.