WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, October 22, 2018 at Town Hall (Room 9). An Executive Session begins at 6pm. The public portion of the meeting begins at 7pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will hear a presentation from GFI Partners and Wilmington-Woburn Intermodel LLC regarding an alternative warehouse proposal for the Olin Superfund Site on Eames Street.
- Selectmen will consider whether to provide written consent to allow former Town Counsel Mike Newhouse to represent Eames Street Member, LLC.
- Selectmen will hear from Fourth of July Committee Chair Scott Garrant regarding requesting use of the Town Common for a Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 31.
- Selectmen will conduct a public hearing regarding RMLD and Verizon’s request to place a new pole on Arlene Avenue.
- Selectmen will receive correspondence from Veterans Director Lou Cimaglia regarding dedication of a POW/MIA Chair and the Town’s Veterans Day Ceremonies on November 11.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Veterans Director Lou Cimaglia to illuminate the Town Common green during the month of November in support of veterans.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from Planning Director Valerie Gingirch regarding the Planning Board waiver for the 362 Middlesex Avenue application.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Manager regarding Economic Development.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Manager regarding a survey about satisfaction with Annual Town Meeting on Saturdays.
- Selectmen will vote to approve and execute the Town Manager’s Employment Agreement.
- Selectmen will sign the warrant for the State Election to be held on November 6.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Town Clerk Sharon George to appoint additional election workers.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Mike Burns, of the Wilmington Rotary Club, to post 1978/6 signs at the Wilmington Town Common, Swain Green, Wilmington Library, Fourth of July Building, Rotary Park, Whitefield Site, Wilmington Town Hall & Yentile Park.
- Selectmen will consider the request of We’re One Wilmington to place signs on the Town Common for its Festival of Trees.
- Selectmen will consider the appointments of Judi Hughes and Holly Popeo to the Wilmington Arts Council.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple sometimes live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.