(Editor’s Note: The letter below is in direct response from a press statement recently released by the Tewksbury Republican Town Committee.)
Desperate times call for desperate measures and outright lies it seems, at least in the eyes of some campaigns here in the 19th Middlesex District. Rather than report on the facts, they decided to spread disinformation in the dark in hopes that you, the people, would fall for it. So rather than take up more of your, the voter and residents, precious time let me set out my stance on immigration and Senator Warren.
First, immigration. Here are the real facts, and not the “fake news.”
- I never have nor never will support sanctuary cities and the concepts of them.
- Unlike my opponents, who have not mentioned any other policy regarding illegal immigration but sanctuary cities, I have vocally and formally opposed allowing illegal immigrants to vote in local elections.
- Again, unlike my opponents, I have vocalized my staunch opposition to allowing for state ID’s or driver licenses to illegal aliens as well.
- I have the most recent and wide-reaching knowledge on what proposals are being put forward regarding illegal immigration and the best and deepest knowledge on which ones need to be stopped. No other candidate can claim this.
Secondly, with respect to “endorsement” by Senator Warren.
- I do not support Senator Warren and she does not support me. In fact, I haven’t spoken to her directly in any capacity in over 2 years, and never in any campaign related capacity.
- My interactions with her office have been to assist veterans find lost paperwork, to help book tickets to the White House for constituents, or to make inquiries about IRS backtaxes. It was to help constituents, and nothing more. Problems were solved, and people’s lives put back together.
- I took a photo with Senator Warren to send to an ex-girlfriend who was starting law school at the time. Senator Warren and her attended the same institute, and Senator Warren was kind enough to wish her luck by taking a photo. I was only being a loving and supporting boyfriend, nothing else.
Having lived here my whole life, I know Wilmington and Tewksbury residents are too smart to fall for these tricks once the facts come to light. Residents don’t want to hear mudslinging, they are too busy working hard and providing for their families. Residents want substantive plans going forward from proven, experienced, and local candidates who will accomplish things like working to stop the Transrail development in Wilmington, or help bring state-funding to build a new elementary school in Tewksbury and provide actual taxpayer relief. To those still with questions, I’m an open-book, and am happy to answer any question. Voters are always welcome to reach out to me on Facebook via Dave Robertson for State Representative or any other of the ways we’ve published, or to stop and ask me when I see them out and about town.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.