WILMINGTON, MA — At its meeting on Wednesday night, the Wilmington School Committee accepted a $5,000+ donation from the Wilmington Educational Foundation in the form of technology grants to Wilmington teachers & administrators.
Grant recipients include:
- Kim Provensal – Elementary Technology Integration Specialist – $1,000 – Sphero Education Pack
- Amy Iascone – Elementary Science Lead Teacher – $1,000 – BrainPOP Subscription
- Frank Ferriero – Woburn St. Assistant Principal – $699 – Portable Sound System For School-Wide Assemblies
- Jeff Strasnick – District Safety Committee Chair – $600 – Subscription to Appypie To Create WPS Emergency Response App
- Melanie Patterson – Shawsheen Librarian – $577.07 – 6 Amazon Fires, 6 Cases, 1 Charging Station, 1 $25 Gift Card For Apps
- Caitlin Cronin – WMS Grade 8 Science Teacher – $549.50 – 10 Chromebook Chargers & 25 Headphones
- Lisa King – Shawsheen Principal – $301.96 – BOSE Speaker, Projector Adapter, Microphone, Cord
- Brenda Lomanno – WMS Technology Integration Specialist – $223.98 – 40 Headphones
- Beverly DeFlumeri – Boutwell Kindergarten Teacher – $200 – 2 IPEVO Document Cameras
“As always, we’re very appreciative to the efforts of the Wilmington Educational Foundation. They do a lot of great work, and that, in turn, goes right back to our schools,” said School Committee Chair Julie Broussard.
Below are photos of most of the grant recipients receiving the news. (Click on each image for a larger view.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.