WILMINGTON, MA — The field of candidates for the 19th Middlesex House of Representatives seat previously held by the late Jim Miceli is now truly set.
The following candidates submitted their nomination papers to the Secretary of State’s Office by the Tuesday, May 29 deadline.
Candidates From Wilmington:
- Wilmington Selectman & Jim Miceli’s nephew Mike McCoy (D)
- Former Wilmington Selectwoman & School Committee member Judy O’Connell (D)
- Wilmington Democratic Town Committee Chair Erika Johnson (D)
Candidates From Tewksbury:
- Jim Miceli’s Chief of Staff Dave Robertson (D)
- Tewksbury Selectman Mark Kratman (D)
- Tewksbury Finance Committee member Erin Buckley (R)
- Shawsheen Tech School Committee member Patricia Meuse (I)
- Businesswoman Pina Prinzivalli (R)
Wilmington resident Catherine Gover (D), a former Everett City Councilor, submitted nomination papers with the necessary voter signatures to the local Town Clerk’s Offices by their May 1 deadline, but did not ultimately turn those papers in at the Secretary of State’s Office. As a result, Gover will not appear on the ballot.
McCoy, O’Connell, Johnson, Robertson and Kratman will do battle in the Democratic primary, while Buckley and Prinzivalli will face off in the Republican primary. The primary elections are scheduled for Tuesday, September 4.
The winners of the two primaries will meet Meuse, an Independent (unenrolled), in the General Election, scheduled for Tuesday, November 6.
The 19th Middlesex District consists of Wilmington Precincts 1, 2, 4, 5, & 6 and Tewksbury Precincts 1, 1A, 2, 2A, 4 and 4A.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?