WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will choose its new Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary for the next 12 months. The current Chairman, Steve Bjork, announced last month he would not be looking to continue as Chair for a second year due to family commitments.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from WHS students who participated in the recent Greece/Italy Field Trip.
- The School Committee will vote on changes to the district’s Free and Reduced Price Food Services Policy and Meal Charge Policy.
- The School Committee will make a revision to the 2018-2019 School Year Calendar, involving the first day of the school for PreK and Kindergarten students.
- The School Committee will review the SEEM Collaborative’s FY19 budget.
- The School Committee will also receive a Superintendent Report, report from its Student Representative, and any subcommittee reports.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-E — Channel 99 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.