WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 23, 2018 at 7pm at Town Hall (Room 9).
There is a great deal of of noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will recognize outgoing Selectman Mike Champoux.
- Selectmen will receive a presentation from Veterans Director Lou Cimaglia about his office’s programs.
- Selectmen will discuss and assign motions for the Annual Town Meeting.
- Selectmen will consider the request from Michael Murphy to fly a “Donate Life” flag at Town Hall.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington/Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce to reschedule its previously approved race from Sunday, September 16 to Sunday, September 23.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Library Director Tina Stewart to use the Swain Green on Thursday, April 9, from 5pm to 7:30pm, for library’s Annual Summer Bash, and on Fridays, August 3, August 10, August 17, and August 24 from 7:45pm to 10pm to conduct movie nights.
- Selectmen will consider approving the renewal of a secondhand dealer license for Robert P. Flaherty Jeweler, Inc.
- Selectmen will consider approving the renewal of a secondhand dealer license for GameStop.
- Selectmen will consider issuing a Sunday Entertainment License to Cushing Amusements in conjunction with the Fourth of July celebration.
- Selectmen will consider appoint William F. Cavanaugh as Records Access Officer for the Wilmington Fire Department.
- Selectmen will consider appointments and reappointments to Animal Control Officer, Board of Appeals, Board of Registrars, Council for the Arts, Fence Viewer, and Constables.
- Selectmen will consider ratifying the Town Manager’s appointments and reappointments to the Commission on Disabilities, Historical Commission, and Permanent Building Committee.
- Town Manager will announce additional appointments to various boards, committees and commissions, not subject to Selectmen approval.
- Selectmen will consider setting their summer meeting schedule. Proposed meeting dates are Monday, July 16 and Monday, August 13.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.