WILMINGTON, MA — Town Moderator Robert Peterson Jr., and Selectman candidate Robert Fasulo recently returned nomination papers and will appear on the Annual Town Election ballot, according to an update from the Town Clerk’s office. Additionally, the signatures on the nomination papers from Shawsheen Tech School Committee member James Gillis have been certified.
At Monday night’s Selectmen’s Meeting, Selectman Mike McCoy announced he will be supporting Robert Fasulo’s candidacy, citing his deep roots in the community.
With less than two weeks until the nomination papers filing deadline, below is the latest on how things currently stand:
Wilmington Board of Selectmen — 1 seat — 3-year term
- Jonathan Eaton (challenger) — pulled papers on 1/2 — papers returned on 2/14 — signatures certified on 2/21
- Joseph Infantino (challenger) — pulled papers on 1/18 — papers not yet returned & certified
- Joseph R. Mastrangelo — pulled papers on 2/22 — papers not yet returned & certified
- Robert A. Fasulo, Jr. — pulled papers on 2/22 — papers returned on 2/26 — signatures not yet certified
NOTES: Incumbent Mike Champoux has announced he will NOT be seeking re-election. Infantino has told the Lowell Sun he may not return his nomination papers.
Wilmington School Committee — 2 seats — 3-year term
- Mary Jayne (MJ) Byrnes (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/3 — papers returned on 2/15 – signatures certified on 2/21
- Jesse Fennelly (challenger) — pulled papers on 2/5 — papers not yet returned & certified
- David Ragsdale (challenger) — pulled papers on 2/13 — papers returned on 2/20 — signatures certified on 2/21
Wilmington Town Moderator — 1 seat — 3-year term
- Robert G. Peterson, Jr. (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/11 — papers returned on 2/22 — signatures not yet certified
Shawsheen Tech School Committee — 1 seat — 3-year term
- James Gillis (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/9 — papers returned on 2/21 — signatures certified on 2/23
Wilmington Housing Authority Seat — 1 seat — 5-year term
- Robert C. DiPasquale (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/9 — papers not yet returned & certified
Nomination papers have been available in the Town Clerk’s Office since January 2. Papers, with at least 50 valid signatures from Wilmington voters, are due back to the Town Clerk by Friday, March 9.
The Wilmington Town Clerk’s Office, located at Town Hall, is open Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
The Annual Town Election will be held on Saturday, April 28. Polls will be open from 8am to 8pm.
NOTE TO CANDIDATES & CAMPAIGNS: Got announcements, press releases, letters to the editor, etc.? Email email@example.com.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.