WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will conduct a public budget hearing on the proposed FY19 school budget. This is the time for parents or residents to speak up if they have questions or concerns about the budget. The School Committee will then vote to support the budget.
- After hearing from all 4 superintendent finalists over the past two nights, the School Committee will discuss what’s next in its Superintendent Search. Will the School Committee openly discuss their performances? The public may be able to glean who the frontrunner(s) are.
- The School Committee will vote on the 2018-2019 school year calendar.
- Per a request from School Committee member Peggy Kane, the Committee will receive an inventory of the district’s textbook supply.
- The School Committee will accept a donation of $1,500 from the Wilmington Educational Foundation to help fund the district’s annual STEM Fair.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-E — Channel 99 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.