WILMINGTON, MA — At its most recent meeting, the Wilmington Board of Selectmen approved several community events scheduled to take place in 2018 and 2019.
The town recently implemented a new application process for community groups seeking to hold events utilizing public roadways. Groups now need to submit an application by October 1 so that town departments impacted by such events can incorporate the associated costs into their operating budgets for the following fiscal year.
Most groups put in requests for 2018 only, while some took the opportunity to request dates for both 2018 and 2019.
The following requests were unanimously approved by Selectmen at their last meeting:
- Wilmington Little League Parade — April 21, 2018
- Wilmington Little League Parade — April 20, 2019
- We’re One Wilmington 5K Run/Walk — April 21, 2019
- Pan Mass Challenge Kids Ride Ride — May 19, 2018
- Brady’s Foundation 5K Run/Walk — June 10, 2018
- Fun on the Fourth’s Road Race & More — July 1, 2018 & July 3, 2018
- Wilmington/Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce’s Half Marathon/5K — September 16, 2018
- Tony A 5K/Walk — October 6, 2017 or October 7, 2017
- Sole Sisters Running Club 1st Annual 5K Road Race – December 1, 2018
The Wilmington Police Department, Fire Department, Public Works, and Public Buildings reviewed each application and agreed to accommodate the requests.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.