WILMINGTON, MA — Santa is coming to Town!
On Saturday, December 9, 2017, Santa will once again be visiting Wilmington. Santa will be making 4 stops this year. At each stop, children will be able to visit with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Feel free to take photos!
Santa’s helpers will be collecting toys for Toys For Wilmington Children again this year.
Santa’s helpers will also be collecting food for the Wilmington Food Pantry to give the opportunity for those less fortunate an opportunity to feed their families.
Santa’s helpers will again be collecting letters for the troops. A table will be set up at each stop to give people the opportunity to write letters.
Santa will be stopping at the following locations:
- 9:30am — Shawsheen Elementary School
- 11:00am — Woburn Street Elementary School
- 12:45pm — North Intermediate School
- 2:15pm — Town Hall
Santa and his volunteers will be staying at each stop for 30 minutes. In between these times, Santa will be traveling around town. Feel free to wave hi as the big guy goes by.
Santa will travel through some neighborhoods in between stops. THESE NEIGHBORHOODS AND THE TIMES FOR THESE NEIGHBORHOODS ARE NOT SET IN STONE! The tentative schedule is as follows:
- From 8:30am to 9:30am: Chestnut/Marion/Towpath neighborhoods, Deming Way, Boutwell and Forest neighborhoods, Pouliot neighborhood, Shawsheen Ave and Nichols/Fairmeadow neighborhood
- From 10:15am to 11am: Main St, Plaza, Adams and Parker, Fairview, Lowell, Woburn to Wildwood to Federal to Lawrence, North and High
- From 11:45am to 12:45pm: Lucaya/Freeport neighborhood, Gowing neighborhood, Hathaway/Sheridan/Chapman/Evans/Marie neighborhoods, Fiorenza, Ashwood
- From 1:30 pm to 2:15 pm: Arlene/Ella/Dorothy neighborhood, Biggar/Ring neighborhood, Evergreen, Cunningham, Faulkner, Marjorie/Winter neighborhood, Harvard/Brattle, St Paul/Cary/Seneca/Garden/Fay neighborhood, Agostino
Some neighborhoods may be cut due to delays in order for Santa to get to a stop on time. Follow the Parade’s Facebook page on December 9 for live updates.
(NOTE: The above information is from the Santa Parade’s Facebook page.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.