WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Wednesday, October 11, 2017:
In The News:
- As noted by the Boston Restaurant Talk on Tuesday, Pancho’s Cantina (206 Ballardvale Street) has begun staffing up for an opening. Wilmington Apple broke the news about the forthcoming Mexican restaurant back in May. Like the restaurant on Facebook HERE.
- The 4-1 Wilmington High School Varsity Football team has been getting a lot of well-deserved attention lately. Two days after the team was spotlighted in the Boston Herald in Dan Ventura’s popular Sweet 16 column, the Lowell Sun wrote a feature story on star running back John Kenney.
- Weather: Wilmington will see increasing clouds, with a high near 66. Light and variable wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the morning.
- At Town Hall: The Wilmington Board of Appeals meets at 7pm in Wilmington Town Hall’s Room 9. Read the agenda HERE.
- In The Community (Part 1): The Wilmington Health Department is hosting a Town Wide Flu Clinic for residents ages 5 & up from 4:30pm to 6pm at Wilmington Town Hall. Here is what you need to know about the town’s flu clinics: Free of Charge. Remember to bring your insurance cards. Vaccine will be available even if you do not have insurance. Please do not arrive earlier than the specified time. Anyone allergic to eggs or egg products must not take this vaccine. Anyone with a fever should delay vaccination. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- In The Community (Part 2): The Wilmington Police Department offers safety seat installs at the Wilmington Public Safety Building (1 Adelaide Street) every Wednesday, 10am-2pm. No appointment is necessary, but calling ahead at 978-658-5071 is recommended. Learn more HERE.
- In The Community (Part 3): The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. All books are $2 or less! Every penny of every sale benefits the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- At The Library: Baby times at 9:30am. Storytime for preschoolers at 10:30am. Tech Help Drop-In from 2pm to 3pm. College Essay Bootcamp at 7pm. Understanding Viruses lecture at 8pm [Learn more and register HERE.]
- At The Senior Center: Craft class at 9am. SBF Exercise at 9:45am. Special Exercise at 11am. Line dancing at 1pm. Cards at 1:30pm. Fun Singers rehearsal at 3pm. [Learn more HERE.]
- On WCTV: On Tuesday, WCTV uploaded its coverage of last week’s WHS Girls Varsity Soccer game against Winchester. Watch the game HERE.
- In The Schools: The Wilmington School Committee meets at 7pm in Wilmington High School’s Large Instruction Room. Read the agenda HERE. The Wildwood PAC meets at 9:30am at the Wildwood.
- Go Wildcats!: 7 Wilmington High teams are in action today, including Varsity Boys Soccer at Melrose at 7pm. [See the complete schedule HERE.]
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing email@example.com. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.