WILMINGTON, MA — The Middlesex Canal Association is organizing its annual Bicycle Tour of the Middlesex Canal on on Saturday, October 1 at 9am.
- meet at 9am at Middlesex Canal Plaque at the entrance of the Sullivan Square T Station (1 Cambridge Street, Charlestown)
- follow the canal route 38 miles towards Lowell
- snack at the Kiwanis Park in Woburn (2 Alfred Street)
- visit the Canal Museum in Billerica around 3pm
- arrive in Lowell in time for 5PM train back to Boston
Riders can choose their own time to leave the group by using the Lowell Line, which parallels the canal.
The ride will be an easy one for most. The route is pretty flat, and the riders will average 5 mph. Along the way, the group will stop at several canal remnants and restored sections. If there is steady rain, the event will be cancelled. Helmets are required for all riders.
(NOTE: The above announcement is from the Middlesex Canal Museum’s Facebook page.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.